Sunday, January 16, 2011

Old Grit

It was a mistake to watch the new "True Grit" before the original. John Wayne's version probably would have stood on its own just fine. However the new one does it much better in just about every way, thereby making the old one kind of hard to watch.

It's too bad the Coen brothers couldn't get Glen Campbell to sing a theme song... Just kidding!

I rate 1969's "True Grit" at 3 Boos, (but I think I'm being nice).

UPDATE
After sleeping on it, I realize this grit was no longer true (sorry). Had I blogged about this in the 1960's, I probably would have given it 4 Boos. Had I blogged about it last year, prior to the Coen brothers' version, I probably would have given it 3 Boos. But the fact is, I'm blogging about it now, and it has been knocked from its pedestal. Sorry Mr. Wayne.

I rate 1969's "True Grit" at 2 Boos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home