Sunday, January 25, 2009

Oscar's Coming - I'm Behind Schedule

The Oscar nominations are out, and I have 3 movies seen and unrated since the first week of the year. Let's get caught up.

Ben Button was very good, but too long. 30-45 minutes could have easily been trimmed out of the middle. Slumdog was great. I recommend Slumdog to everybody.

Of the five Best Picture nominations these are the only two I've seen so far. Slumdog is in the lead right now. While I'm eagerly anticipating Frost/Nixon, I'm not that excited to see Milk or The Reader, but now I must. More to come.

I rate "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" at 4 Boos.
I rate "Slumdog Millionaire" at 4 Boos.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 25, 2009 10:27 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Slumdog is great, yes. (4 out of 5) BB is interesting with good acting but the story is so unique I found it somewhat harder to relate to the character. (3.5 out of 5) Frost/Nixon was good in terms of acting for the two main characters, but the others are noticeably weaker. (3 out of 5) I liked Milk quite a bit too. (3.5 out of 5)

Haven't see The Reader yet but saw Revolutionary Road, which is thought-provoking. My type of movie and easily 4 out of 5. The first half of the film felt somewhat 'over-acted' but the second half flew more naturally. Highly recommended.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home