Sunday, January 04, 2009

2008 - That's a Wrap!

2008 was a another good year for Boo Movies. I watched 59 movies and rated 57 of them. The average rating was 3.02 Boos. The volume and average score is comparable with last year.

Sadly no new movie released in 2008 received a perfect 5 Boos rating, although two old classics did. Favorites this year included The Dark Knight, Iron Man, 2006's The Namesake and Mr. Brooks from 2007.

Happily no 2008 movie got a 0 Boos rating, although I did "walk out of" four old movies earning them the worst score possible. I'll single out Snatch, just because that one is controversial.

A highlight of 2008 at Boo Movies is that the Boonatrix posted her first stand-alone review since 2005. And she commented on a greater number of my posts than ever seen before. Speaking of comments I got a decent number this year, now that my readership is approaching ten. Keep 'em coming.

2009 starts with a vengeance. I'm already three reviews behind. And word on the street is the next George Clooney movie will be filmed in St. Louis, to be executive produced by my good friend Michael Beugg. See you at the movies.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 06, 2009 2:42 PM, Blogger Steve said...

2008 was a bit of down year for me. 80 movies compared to the 125 in 2007. Here are some of the ones I liked. Maybe not top 10 but close.

The diving bell and the butterfly
4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days
In Bruges
Once
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Restless
Snow
I've loved you for so long
Burn after reading
The curious case of Benjamin Button

Watching my 5th of 2009 so off to a fabulous start again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home