Friday, January 01, 2010

2009 - That's a Wrap

In 2009 I rated 54 movies here at Boo Movies. This is slightly fewer than last year, but in the same ballpark. The average rating was 3.48 Boos, a notable uptick from last year's average.

Two movies were given a perfect 5 Boos rating. One of which was new in 2009, "Star Trek." Indeed I declare "Star Trek" the best movie of the year. In fact it received the first 5 Boos rating I've given to a current movie since 2006.

The worst rating given this year was 2 Boos, and only five movies received it. Happily none of them were 2009 movies. I declare "Pineapple Express" as the worst movie I saw this year.

For the first time in 2009 I began tracking movies watched in the theater versus at home. In this context "home" includes DVD, pay-per-view and broadcast TV. I saw 21 movies in a theater compared to 33 at home. That's only 39% seen in the theater. I'd like to see that percentage go up in the future.

A 2009 highlight was watching the filming of "Up in the Air" in St. Louis. Thanks to good friend Michael Beugg for a behind-the-scenes peek, and the VIP tickets to the St. Louis premiere.

I picked up a handful of new readers this year. Welcome brother. Welcome niece. Comments remained few and far between, but I welcome them all. If you have an opinion about something you read here, speak up and share it. I'm accustomed to and not bothered by contrary opinions (hello coworkers).

2009 also marked the first time I included a picture with a Boo Movies posting. Can you find it? Technology these days, wow!

I declare 2009 a really good year for the movies. Average scores were up. Perfect scores were up. Readership was up. Movies made in St. Louis were up. See you at the movies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home