Monday, November 16, 2009

St. Louis is Up in the Air

I had the great fortune to score VIP passes to the exclusive Hilton advance screening of "Up in the Air." (Paris couldn't make it.) It was an excellent film. And it was exciting to look for St. Louis landmarks, as well as St. Louis friends in the movie. I hear there is Oscar buzz about it. I certainly think it's a worthy candidate.

Kudos also to Mr. Clooney. Some of his recent efforts have been disappointing, but this one was good. I believe it was the guiding hand of Oscar-nominated Executive Producer Michael Beugg that brought the whole thing together.

The only thing I will ding UitA on is the trailer. It didn't make me want to see the movie. Were it not for the local connection and the friend connection, I would have passed it right by based on the trailer.

I rate "Up in the Air" at 4 Boos.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home