Saturday, April 28, 2007

Flight 93 is United

When I heard they were making a movie about the September 11th flight that crashed in rural Pennsylvania, my first thought was "poor taste." My second thought was, "no way am I seeing that." Then everybody raved about. Then everybody (including people I respect) said it was a must see. Then it got nominated for an Oscar. So when it came on TV, we recorded it, and watched "Flight 93." Only then, after watching the entire movie did I discover that there were two movies, a made-for-TV version called "Flight 93," and a theatrical version called "United 93." We watched the wrong one! So, we rented "United 93" and watched it a couple of days later.

They are both good movies. "Flight 93" does a better job painting a picture of the people on the flight, and their families. Whereas, "United 93" does a better job illustrating how chaotic that day was, and how nobody on the ground was prepared for such a catastrophe. It did a good job showing how poor communication was between various civilian and military groups, something later reported by the 9/11 Commission. I'd recommend either movie.

I rate "Flight 93" at 3 Boos.
I rate "United 93" at 3 Boos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home