Saturday, December 03, 2005

House of 1000 Corpses

I saw "House of 1000 Corpses" and now I'm struggling with my rating. The sequel to this movie, "The Devil's Rejects," is clearly a superior movie. However having seen them in reverse order, I don't want Zombie's later effort to cloud my judgment about this one. All day I've been trying to imagine how I would have liked this movie had I seen it first. It's less violent than the sequel, but it's weirder. While "Rejects" had a feasible story line, the introduction of Dr. Satan in his underground liar, sent "1000 Corpses" over the top into the supernatural. This is not necessarily bad, but I would have preferred that part be left out. In the end, I think this was a solid horror movie.

I saw this movie last night on DVD. Tonight we're off to see Steve Martin's latest, "Shopgirl," at the theatre. Who thinks they'll have a different feel from each other?

I rate "House of 1000 Corpses" at 3 Boos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home