Monday, November 21, 2005

Unexpected acceptance of The Devil's Rejects.

When asked by Peter if I was going to see Rob Zombie's latest movie, I replied that of course I would not be going. The only thing I could imagine that would be worse than a bad horror movie, was a bad horror movie written and directed by a heavy metal musician. Shortly thereafter, I was a little surprised when I caught a hint of a positive review about "The Devil's Rejects." That must have stuck in the back of my mind, because while trolling Peter's DVD collection, something made me pull it off the shelf. Imagine my shock when I saw the notation that Ebert & Roeper gave it two thumbs up. This piqued my curiosity, and I took it home. It was even more violent and offensive than I imagined. In fact, I cannot recall seeing a more offensive movie in my life. And yet, it was an amazingly good movie. The acting was good, the plot was good, it was just plain good.

At the same time, I cannot emphasize enough how emphatically the Boonatrix will hate this movie, if she sees even a moment of it.

Next up, I've borrowed "House of 1000 Corpses" from Peter. Even though he reports it's pretty bad, I have to see how the story begins.

I rate the "The Devil's Rejects" at 4 Boos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home