Sunday, January 01, 2012

2011 - That's a Wrap!

After a disappointing 2010 at Boo Movies, things were looking up in 2011. Movie viewing was up with 44 movies watched and rated. The average rating for 2011 was 3.43, which is typical.

An unprecedented five perfect 5 Boos ratings were awarded! Four of which were given to current movies I saw in the theater. You'll recall only 15 perfect Boos have been granted since the dawn of time, and a bunch of those went to old classics. This means a lot of quality work was seen in 2011. I declare that "Black Swan" was the Best movie I saw in 2011, and "The Adjustment Bureau" was my Favorite movie of 2011.

The lowest rating given this year was 2 Boos, to eight different movies. I'm going to forego my tradition of highlighting the worst movie I saw last year because none of them stand out as being worse than the rest. Collectively they were just disappointing movies.

I made it to the theater nine times. While still not at the level I want to be, it is trending upward from last year.

I'm hopeful for a great year at the movies in 2012. I'm eagerly anticipating the release of "Fun Size," produced by Michael Beugg, which has (spoiler alert!) at least one scene filmed in the same cemetery where Dead President James Garfield resides.

See you at the movies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home