Sunday, March 06, 2011

Back to 1984

I'm on the record as having a major weakness for time travel stories. So I couldn't pass up a chance to see "The Philadelphia Experiment." It feels dated, but not so bad as to be unwatchable. What this movie needs is to get rid of the love interest. It doesn't work now, and I doubt it worked back then. The woman was annoying and whiny. Under no circumstance can I imagine I would jump out of the time vortex to spend it with her.

One interesting contrast between then and now is the sex. If this had been prime time network television in 2011 the clothes would have been flying off within the first 30 minutes. Apparently back in 1984 they were more modest. We didn't get to see a thing.

I rate "The Philadelphia Experiment" at 2 Boos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home