Sunday, February 07, 2010

Avatar, At Last

I finally got around to seeing Avatar. I went in with mixed expectations, and it delivered exactly as I predicted. The technology and the visuals were very impressive. The 3-D was interesting, and not too over the top. I was willing to pay $12.50 this one time to experience this new technology that is the talk of the town. However it was not so impressive that I anticipate I'll be willing to pay that kind of premium in the future.

The movie itself was too long. A good editor could have sliced 30 minutes out with no problem. The story was fine, but predictable. Overall, it was an enjoyable movie, and I'm glad I saw it. It's nominated for a Best Picture Oscar. It won't be getting my vote.

I rate "Avatar" at 3 Boos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home