Tuesday, February 26, 2008

De-evolution of the Apes

Despite the majesty of the original "Planet of the Apes" movie, there's no denying that with each passing sequel the series just got worse and worse. To recap:
  1. Planet of the Apes
  2. Beneath the PotA
  3. Escape from the PotA
  4. Conquest of the PotA
  5. Battle for the PotA
I've seen the first three a gazillion times. (Who didn't cry at the end of "Escape" when a dying Zira crawls over and curls up on Cornelius's body?) So when I recently had an opportunity to see "Conquest" and "Battle," I couldn't pass it up. Well now I remember there's a reason they are rarely seen. They're bad, really bad.

I rate "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" at 2 Boos.
I rate "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" at 1 Boo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home