Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Conquest Becomes Rise, I Become Happy

It's well documented that I am a lifelong fan of the Planet of the Apes. As such I could hardly wait to see the latest offering "Rise of the Planet of the Apes." This version had a number of things going for it. It's the first serious attempt to document how the apes began their rise to power. Furthermore it's the first time we've been offered a plausible explanation for how a species became smart enough to acquire the power of speech. What really made this version interesting is that it's basically a retelling of the story originally portrayed in "Conquest of the PotA." Interesting because these are the events that are talked about at great length in the other PotA sagas, but were so badly presented in Conquest.

So kudos all around to everybody involved. I really liked it, and I'm ready for the next one.

I rate "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" at 4 Boos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home