Sunday, November 04, 2007

Even Money

Trolling the video store looking for something the Boonatrix and I can both enjoy is never an easy task - at best an exercise in compromise, at worst a study in unfulfilled dreams. So when I stumbled upon "Even Money" I didn't know whether to be giddy or terrified. Here was a movie with a promising plot description, and a bunch of big stars - Kim Basinger, Danny Devito, Kelsey Grammer and Forest Whitaker, and yet I'd never heard of it. How bad must this movie be? Well I went for it.

The movie was not bad. The individual character stories were interesting and well developed. It gave a face to addiction, and the lengths an addict will go to. On the other hand, they had trouble pulling it together at the end. Overall, despite a few problems, "Even Money" was an interesting 113 minutes.

Kudos to Kelsey Grammer, who despite playing the character I understood the least, did an excellent job not being Frasier.

I rate "Even Money" at 3 Boos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home