Monday, December 24, 2012

Dude, It's Not That Good

I saw "The Big Lebowski" way back when it was in the theaters.  I wasn't very impressed.  In the fourteen years since then I've heard countless people rave about how good it is.  It's a Coen brothers film for God's sake.  So I figured I must have just been in a weird mood that night, and probably didn't have enough sleep in me

So I decided to give it another try recently.  What up?  It had some good lines, and it was (mostly) entertaining.  But I don't see what all of the hype is about.  Just because they use the word "dude" a lot, doesn't make it a great movie.

In retrospect, I believe all of those Lebowski worshipers I've encountered were males (i.e. dudes) who are younger than me.  I guess it's a generational thing.

I rate "The Big Lewbowski" at 2 Boos, dude.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 25, 2012 5:34 AM, Blogger JohnMcG said...

They'll probably all work from home tomorrow.

 

<< Home